Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Taking the Cross personally....

John 3:17 tells us that God sent His son to save the world. Some of you just read that verse and thought.....yes I know that. And so many of us are so familiar with Christ's story. And even if you have never read Matthew, Mark, Luke or John you know that Jesus died on the cross. Crosses are displayed all over the place. They are worn as necklaces, placed on top of churches, and hung on the walls of many homes but have we really thought about what the cross means. I think we recognize that the cross symbolizes our forgiveness. And many of us come before Christ and ask for that forgiveness. But one thing I think we fail to recognize is that Christ's death on the cross was personal.

I have often heard people say that right before someone dies they have a flashback, a glimpse of all the things that have taken place in their life. While I do not know if this is true for us, I do believe that this was true for Christ. But instead of reflecting on His life, He reflected on ours. I believe that every single one of our faces flashed through his mind in those last moments. HE DID THIS FOR YOU! Please read that again! HE DID THIS FOR YOU! You went through His mind. Your face, your life He saw in the last moments before He died. While I truly believe that Christ came to save the world, if He had only saved you that would have been enough.

I can not tell you how freeing it has been to come to this revelation. I have heard Christ's story countless times but it was not until I started to take it personally did I really understand what Christ did it for me. There is nothing He would not do for me. I just have to lay it before Him recognizing that He always knows what is best for me. I need to seek Him only. Laying it all before Him. Letting Him move in me. Always reflecting on His cross and always taking it personally.

Jesus, thank you, thank you, thank you. There are not even words to describe what you have done for me. I am truly in awe of your sacrifice. Sometimes I wonder why you did but than I remember your love. Help me, Jesus, to be the sacrifice for you that you are for me. Move in me, Jesus. Help me to always reflect on your cross and take it personally. Help me to show others how to take it personally. Jesus pour out over your people! We need you! Amen.

Blessing to all of you,
Kara

1 comment:

  1. Very powerful words, Kara. Great words, I might add! I really enjoyed watching "Letters to God" last night. It made me have an entire different perspective on life and really made me appreciate the "simple things."

    We are ALL BLESSED. It is never to late to ask Him to be in our lives. He continues to love each and every one of us unconditionally. And that is so comforting to know. Can I get an Amen?

    Love forever,

    Trevor

    ReplyDelete